PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the new English only rule?

Sarathos
24-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Primarily, the point of this rule was to increase the number of users talking and participating in our forum, as well as attracting more people from around the world.

What do you think of this new rule?

MoTiVaTeD
24-03-2011, 08:04 PM
I think its better to speak only english because we can communicate with players from other countries much easier ;)

Law S
24-03-2011, 11:04 PM
This is a international community, so that if everyone is trying to speak in english, the talking would be better for all.
I agreed to this idea.

That's all.

Hell_Is_Here
25-03-2011, 03:55 AM
I believe that speaking English is better for all.
Because there are others who are from other countries and do not know what we write,
to talk or even imagine that everyone in the language, he would follow the edge with nothing.
That's me,
With great joy,
Hell_Is_Here.

Darkbreath
25-03-2011, 08:11 AM
What sections of the forum does that rule apply to ?

Sarathos
25-03-2011, 08:35 AM

MyMGN :: General

Aemirch
25-03-2011, 09:33 AM
All I gotta say is...it's for the best.

Finito
26-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Less activity at Jokes

Moiran
28-03-2011, 12:51 PM

MyMGN :: General
Yes it should. Also it has to be added in more sections or to be optional in some others (with a note that every English started thread must continue so).

All I gotta say is...it's for the best.

Dota community its bigger than we know and i guess that loads of users would like to participate with us. So in order to welcome them we should first be able to communicate and that's necessary.

N0B0DY
07-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Yes i agree with this rule and i think it's good. I am currently studying in a university in Slovakia , so i do not have a prob to speak english.....

DotAlicious.
27-04-2011, 11:14 PM
English is European language so, it is good idea!

RaGe_MoNarCh
02-05-2011, 01:15 PM
I agree with this rule! It's alright! More ppl to talk and have fun with! We will all understand each other!:)

Aemirch
02-05-2011, 08:01 PM
The thing about this rule is that it's not properly maintained.

There are a handful of people here who, while considered to be able to read and comprehend English, still post in their own language, because that's what they're used to do in their part of the forum.

This is a reminder to all of you, posting in a language other than the main one in the general sections will get you nowhere. In addition to that, such posts will be deleted.

Write in English. I know you can do it.

BotaQue
02-05-2011, 10:37 PM
!agree

x_T_c
08-05-2011, 01:29 PM
!support that idea, for english only in MyMGN general ( some leagues and forums can use other lenguage's , but general rule have to be english only ).

NEM3SIS
08-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Really better cause more people will be able to join us! We will become an international gaming community, so it is much more attractive for everyone...+ We communicate with other gamers all over the world...Nice!! :D

MoTiVaTeD
08-05-2011, 05:00 PM
!aggre with the idea

Dimimano
14-05-2011, 03:11 PM
I agree 100% with the idea..
Its nice when everyone or at least most of the members
can read the threads and tell their opinions..

Gate13
25-05-2011, 08:39 AM
For mymgn general sections its good rule

NeedUrDeath
10-07-2011, 08:12 PM
I think the rule-idea is perfect!
Everyone can express their thoughts and opinions easily!
Hardly anyone uses complex english here so everyone can understand the meaning of some posts/threads with no difficulty!
Good Job!

VIP.SWTOS
03-09-2011, 05:26 PM
i think that was a verry good change but i cannot easily leave with it ... i mean it was a habbit of mine to write greek everywhere and now i cant ;p

EmpalasaJunior
03-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Well not bad for start but i got one idea i would like to discuss with you...

BlackDePhiL
04-09-2011, 11:53 PM
Certainly this regulation will strengthen the international character of the forum, and this has resulted in attracting many people from different countries

Kyuubi)NineTail
05-09-2011, 12:02 AM
TAKE MY BALLS NOW...
And only an Imbecile has the "privilage" to use it! -_-'

In my opinion, I strongly believe that this rule could make an enormous change in the communication methods of all countries.
Since English is the only International language that all countries use(or most of them) it is also our only strong link into communicating with other people from other countries and socialize with them.

As Truality the global Moderator explained: The rule isn't properly maintained and is constantly ignored, this is one of the many reasons that other people use their own native language which we cannot communicate unless we live on the same country as they do, without any form of proper communication.

Perhaps the penalty for using your native language on an english speaking thread should be more severe than it is now.