Thread: The Shivah 2?

Default The Shivah 2?

Wasn't this also a game you were working on? Whats the status on this project?

I really liked the first one, actually better then Blackwell Legacy (Haven't played Unbound yet, Super Mario Galaxy has priority )

Default Re: The Shivah 2?

Oh yes. The benefit of hindsight. I decided earlier this year that if I was going to bring back Rabbi Stone (and I want to bring him back!), I would want to bring him back with a bang. The original Shivah really helped launch Wadjet Eye, and I felt that if I was ever going to have a project that could attract funding and investors, a game series starring Rabbi Stone would be it. So, I've been seeking out investors and venture capitalists and all sorts of People With Money to see if anyone will give a few dozen grand to the cause.

I've been talking to several and I have a few investors who are very interested. I can't say any more than that. But that said, if nothing pans out in another year I'll bring him back anyway in glorious low-res pixel art.

-Dave

THAT sounds very promising! Rabbi Stone is a great character and he deserves special attention - though I wouldn't mind the low-pixel art...

Heh. Thanks. Shivah was never intended to be in an ongoing series, so I never had a story arc or additional plots in mind. A year ago I was going to do a sequel, but only because there seemed to be a demand for it and not because I had anything particularly grand in mind. I'm glad I didn't make it, because over the past year I've been formulating a nice 5 episode story arc that I think people will like. However, it'll take time to actually plot and design. In order to do that, I'd have to stop working on Blackwell (which is already plotted out) and that's what brings in the cash right now. If the current Blackwell games do phenominally well on the casual portals, maybe I'll have enough left over cash to do it without investors. Well, I can dream.